zondag 9 februari 2014

Gedicht


De onderstaande tekst schreef ik om een inzicht te geven in wat de ziekte juist met me doet en voor me betekent.

I’ve got a demon inside me,
Growing stronger every day,
It’s been there for a long time,
Giving pain in every way.

Pain fills my days,
Fills my mind and fills my dreams,
Fighting a silent battle,
That I’m losing as it seems.

Day by day I step back,
I got my back against the wall,
Praying for a miracle,
But preparing for the fall.

I don’t think I can handle,
Any more of this,
My nerves they are straining,
Where calmness is all I wish.

I dream of killing the pain,
I dream of walking away,
Away for one day, away from the dark,
In to the light, igniting my spark.


Sometimes I feel like I’m going to die,
Sometimes I feel like I’m rotting inside,
But that doesn’t mean I can’t live my own life,
I’ll fight ‘till the end and I will try to fly!

2 opmerkingen: